Team Philippines, being lead by Philipson Chua, made their last live Match Poker appearance at the previous Asian Nations Cup held in Taoyuan city in Taiwan. They narrowly missed out on qualification to the Nations Cup Finals last year, falling just a few points behind Israel who secured their spot as the final Asian team to qualify.
However, this revamped national team will be looking to secure their qualification to the World Championships in Zurich and put on a strong performance in Hong Kong. Later this year we will also see the launch of the National Match Poker League in the Philippines, which will no doubt lead to the emergence of very exciting talent that can eventually go on to represent the nation.
Here is the squad traveling to Hong Kong:
Name: Philipson Chua
Age: Is just a number
Profession: Financial Consultant
- A financial consultant by profession, but poker runs in his blood. He has been playing since 2007 when he won the first APPT online qualifier out of 5,000 players. Has won multiple poker tourneys here in Philippines and abroad.
- Jointly organized the Poker Players Association of the Philippines and became its first President in 2011. Lucky enough to Survive 15 years of playing and enjoying each moment of it.
Name: Aleyza Angeles
Profession: Freelance Model
• A poker enthusiast who tends to be very highly competitive. After winning 3rd place in the qualifier, wants to prove to herself that she can achieve more while enjoying the challenge.
Name: Aloysius Pacia
Profession: Retired Entreprenour
• Started playing 52 years ago with my father who is my poker idol. Has participated and placed in multiple poker tourneys live and online since 2007.
Name: Anselmo Ferdinand Adriano
• Ansel started playing poker in 2005, joining small live tournaments purely out of curiosity, fun and meeting new people. Since then, he has played in some major tourneys both locally and abroad, and participated in live and online events.
Name: Delfino Ty
Profession: PC Network Integrator
- Del fell in love with the game after observing the WSOP 2005 in Las Vegas. Played nightly poker tournaments with Philippine poker pioneers Philip (Team Captain) and Marco (Marketing Head). He has since traveled extensively around the region as a recreational player with multiple final table appearances and victories.
Member Team Philippines:
Asian Nations Pair Challenge 2018, Bangkok, Thailand and the Asian Nations Cup 2019, Taoyuan, Taiwan.
Name: Myra Adriano
Profession: Manager for Site Acquisition – Telecommunications
• Myra started playing poker in 2005, both live and online. She has participated in various poker circuits and has also won some multi table tournaments. She loves the challenge of playing against the best in the game and outwitting the poker pros. She looks forward to winning her next major tourney. She is is happily married with 3 children.
Name: Vicente Peña
• Started playing poker since 2007 and have joined various live/online local & international tournaments. Recent accomplishments include finishing 1st in a 2022 APPT event and cashing in a major 2023 local tournament.
Name: Randy Cirineo
Profession: Civil Engineer
- Randy started playing Poker since 2014 and since then he has been fascinated with the math involved, especially with the odds & probabilities. He is known as “Patch Adams” because of his personalized jacket.
- He has always been a tournament player and had his own share of winnings In the local community. In his bucket list is to play in an international event & represent his country, Now, he can check that off.