The second stage of the Belarus Poker Tour – the first and only poker series in the country – is now a thing of the past. Organized by the Belarus Sport Poker Federation (IFP member from 2009) the event is becoming one of the hottest poker tournaments for the former USSR countries. It has grown by 30% from the first stage which was held a few months ago and now has a rather wide reach including players from Belarus, Russia, Lithuania, Latvia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Israel, Moldova etc. Due to close relations with Pokerstars.net the Belarus Poker Tour tournament team hopes to make the series better and better until they can get the flagship status in the region. The next steps are not just holding the next stage but also organizing full live video streaming, online satellites for the wide net of the neighbour states, reaching a new record by increasing the players quantity up to the next 30%.
Here are some numbers, facts and link about the 2nd stage of the Belarus Poker Tour:
- More than 1500 entries for 8 events and a few live satellites.
- Total prize pool is about 2 300 000 000 BYR J (150 000 USD)
- Video coverage for Main and Highrollers event’s final tables
- The sportiest poker series in the region being held outside the casinos and consisting only from freeze-outs with no re-buys, re-entries etc.
- The organizer’s official website: pokerfederation.by (only Russian language yet)
- The links to video content of the series:http://youtu.be/dmPAfMLQSWMhttp://www.pokerfederation.by/node/582
http://www.pokerfederation.by/node/580 (in Russian)