IFP’s Spanish member nation, IF Poker de Espana (IFPE), has partnered with Marca to launch a poker league across Spain.
Along with Marca, a Spanish national daily sport newspaper owned by Unidad Editorial, IF Poker de Espana launches the ‘LIGAPOKERMARCA’ or Marca Poker League. This poker league will consist of two phases – the first will be played online and serve as qualifiers with the second phase involving live poker being played in casinos across the country.
The Poker La Liga will have 12 stages of online play held from 7 to 22 April 2014. On qualifying through the online league phase, live events will be held from April 26 to June 1. There will also be a period of online playoffs from April 28 to June 1 for those that missed out on participating the first time.
Qualify via the online events to play live satellites that will lead to the final, to be played at the Casino Gran Madrid on 7 and 8 June, where the top eight ranked fight over the following big prizes:
- WINNER: Package to the main event of the WORLD SERIES OF POKER (WSOP) 2014.
- SECOND: Stay and entry to the European Poker Tour (EPT) in Barcelona 2014.
- THIRD: Stay and tickets for three tournaments (including the main event the ESPT) of EPT Poker Festival of Barcelona celebrated after mid August 2014.
- FOURTH: Stay and tickets for two tournaments (including the ESPT) of EPT Poker Festival of Barcelona 2014 .
- FIFTH: Stay and entry to the STAR POKER TOUR (ESPT) of Barcelona 2014.
- SIXTH: Stay and entry to the ESPT of Barcelona 2014.
- SEVENTH: Entry to the ESPT of Barcelona 2014.
- EIGHTH: Entry to the ESPT of Barcelona 2014.
Official website of the Poker La Liga – http://poker.marca.com/